- DILNET’s web hosting service is available to UP Diliman academic and administrative units and offices free of charge.
- The shared hosting service has the following minimum specifications:
- 1GB hosting space
- Apache 2.2, PHP 5.4
- 1 FTP Account
- 1 MySQL database (upon request)
- These specifications may change without prior notice.
- Formal requests for web hosting shall be addressed to the Director of the University Computer Center. These requests shall be endorsed by the unit, department or college head. An administrative liaison shall also be included in the letter. This person shall be DILNET’s contact person, and will receive updates regarding the web hosting service.
- For security reasons, FTP and SQL access are only accessible locally (within DILNET).
- Administrators are wholly responsible for the security of their hosting spaces. Please observe proper security measures, such as generating and safekeeping complex credentials, updating your CMS and its plug-ins regularly (if applicable), and keeping updated on the latest vulnerabilities your site may have.
- Popular Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress will only be pre-installed by DILNET upon special request. Administrator shall be responsible for configuring these CMS to suit their needs.
- DILNET shall not be held liable for any content posted by Administrator that may violate UP Diliman’s Acceptable Use Policy, or Philippine Law, However, DILNET reserves the right to suspend web sites hosted under it that may violate these entities.
- Furthermore, DILNET reserves the right to suspend web sites hosted under it that pose a security threat to the network and/or its systems should a security incident occur, or should these be brought to our attention through audit findings or abuse reports conducted internally or via authorized third-party entities.
- Furthermore, DILNET reserves the right to suspend web sites that pose a security threat to the network and/or its systems should audit findings or abuse reports conducted internally or via authorized 3rd-party entities
- Design, structure and content of the web site shall be the responsibility of the Administrator. They can, however, consult DILNET for certain technical issues (related to hosting), and the Diliman Information Office for best practices on design, structure and content.
- Forgotten FTP/MySQL passwords may be retrieved by emailing DILNET. If a new administrator shall be maintaining a current site, a letter of endorsement from the unit head shall be given.
For more information, a comprehensive Standard Operating guide can be viewed here (PDF).