Dilnet Account (8)
A DilNet Account is a user account given to UP Diliman constituents that provides access to UP Diliman services such as CRS, UPD Webmail, iLib, EZProxy, UVLE and DilNet Wifi.
You can view an infographic here.
The UP Mail account is a service offered by the UP System that is powered by Google Apps for Education.
To apply for one, just proceed to the Computer Center’s dedicated sign-up kiosk for UP Mail. The requirements are similar for applying for a DilNet account:
- Current Form5
- Valid ID with picture
- Appointment Letter
- Valid ID with picture
Follow-up of your UP Mail can be done by emailing ITDC’s support at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CRS issues temporary accounts to recently-admitted students in UP Diliman who still do not have a DilNet account. Normally, they are required to get a DilNet account after initial enrollment so that they can continue logging in for the next semester.
DilNet accounts are usually have the format of the first letter of your first name, the first letter of your middle name, and your last name, sometimes with a numerical suffix (e.g. Juan G. dela Cruz would have a username under jgdelacruz). A CRS temporary account will have the ID number as the username (200712345).
We are currently giving accounts to the following:
NOTICE: In light of the COVID-19 situation, please refer to the process of signing up for a UP Mail and DilNet account remotely.
For Students (enrolled in the current semester):
Go to the University Computer Center to signup and activate your DilNet account. Bring your latest UPD Form 5 and UPD ID.
Go to the University Computer Center to have your account created. Please bring your appointment paper from HRDO and UP ID.
In case you cannot go personally, you may send a representative with the following:
- your signed written authorization letter,
- your representative’s UP ID,
- your appointment paper from HRDO, and
- your UP ID.
- Your username involves the first letter of your first name followed by the first letter of your middle name then your surname. Ex. If your name is Juan P. dela Cruz, your username would be jpdelacruz. If another person already used this username before you, a number is added after the generated username like jpdelacruz1, jpdelacruz2, jpdelacruz3.
- You may also go to the University Computer Center. Please bring your latest Form 5 and ID and our staff will help you retrieve your username.
Internet Usage (1)
- Some websites are inaccessible by DilNet in the interest of conserving bandwidth for research and academic use.
- If your intention complies with the terms and use of the Acceptable Use Policy, please fill up the form provided by the DilNet internet access facility in the website that you are trying to access so that we could make some reevaluation of the website.
Please refer to the following FAQ: [How do I get a DilNet Account?]
Please send a formal letter of request addressed to the current Director of the University Computer Center. Include the following in your letter:
- preferred email address
- DilNet account of the the person who will be managing the said office account.
Your UPD Webmail username is the same as your DilNet account username. Please refer to the following FAQ: [ I forgot my DilNet account username. ]
Please refer to the following FAQ: [ I forgot (don’t know) my DilNet account password. ]