Starting January 2015, you may now use proxy.upd.edu.ph / port 8080 for ALL your DilNet connections (LAN, WiFi and Dormitories).
1) Click the orange “Firefox” button on the upper left corner of the program then navigate to “Options”. Click the “Options” item on the pop-up menu.
2) A new window will appear. Click “Advanced” on the upper right area of the new window.
3) Afterwards, click “Network”. On the right side under “Connection”, click the “Settings” Button. A new window will appear.
4) There are two ways on how to set Firefox’s proxy settings.
A. METHOD 1. Set a proxy separately from Internet Explorer.
This method makes your proxy settings for Firefox different from Internet Explorer.
a) Select the “Manual proxy configuration” option.
b) Type in the applicable proxy address to the field beside “HTTP Proxy”. Then, type “8080” in the field beside “Port” and click “Use this proxy server for all protocols”. In this example, the proxy address is proxy.upd.edu.ph and the port, 8080.
B. METHOD 2. Use Internet Explorer proxy settings.
This method requires your Internet Explorer proxy settings to have been set beforehand. Just click on the “Use system proxy settings” option.
5) Click “OK” to apply settings and to close the window. Click the “Close” button on the preceding window to finish configuration.